According to this Circular, based on theme and content, language, violence nature, sex, etc. films shall be rated as follows:
1. P rated: Eligible for dissemination to viewers of all ages;
2. K rated: Eligible for dissemination to viewers under 13 years old, provided that they are with their parents or guardians;
3. T13 rated (13+): Eligible for dissemination to viewers from 13 years old or older;
4. T16 rated (16+): Eligible for dissemination to viewers from 16 years old or older;
5. T18 rated (18+): Eligible for dissemination to viewers from 18 years old or older;
6. C rated: Prohibited from dissemination.
The rating of a film must be displayed when the film is disseminated, except a P rated film
Film ratings must be displayed in the course of film dissemination, except P rated films.
The display of a film rating must ensure that information about the film rating and warning content is provided for a period of time sufficient for the viewer to receive information.
For films that are disseminated in the cinemas; at the headquarters of foreign diplomatic missions and cultural establishments set up in Vietnam; films that are disseminated on public means and other audio-visual media, cinema establishments must display their ratings on screens, websites, online ticketing applications, ticket counters, and in other suitable manners;
For films that are disseminated on television and in cyberspace, cinema establishments must clearly and prominently display their ratings in the program introduction/display folder on the device's screen interface in order for listeners and viewers to make a decision to listen to and watch the films
The display of warnings with regard to a film disseminated in cinemas shall be made in the form of a written or verbal warning before the dissemination, right below the rating icon for the disseminated film. With regard to a film disseminated on television and in cyberspace, it is required to display a written or verbal warning at least three seconds right after the dissemination of film is stared.
This Circular comes into force as from May 20, 2023.
To abrogate point c clause 1 Article 10 of Circular No. 12/2015/TT-BVHTTDL dated December 11th, 2015 .
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 608|