This Decree regulates in details 2022 Law on Cinematography, including these contents:
1. Receipt of the transfer of ownership and rights to use film scripts and films with high ideological and artistic values for dissemination, education, research, archive, and political tasks; processes of editing, translating, and subtitling films to introduce Vietnam and its citizens.
2. Research and application of scientific and technological achievements in cinematographic activities
3. Production of films with funding from the state budget for political tasks performed in the form of task assignment, ordering, or bidding; processes of selecting film production projects.
4. Percentage of Vietnamese film screening sessions, Vietnamese film screening time frames, and duration and time frame of children’s films disseminated in cinemas.
5. Ticket price exemption or discount for the elderly, the disabled, revolutionary contributors, children, people in especially difficult circumstances, and other subjects as prescribed by law.
6. Broadcast time ratio of Vietnamese films to foreign films, broadcast time frames of Vietnamese films, and duration and broadcast time frames of children’s films on domestic television channels.
7. Conditions for film rating for dissemination in cyberspace.
8. Submission of notifications of the list of films to be disseminated and the results of film rating to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Vietnam before the dissemination of such films in cyberspace.
9. Performance of necessary technical measures and provision of guidelines for parents or caretakers of children to control, manage, and ensure that children watch age-appropriate films disseminated in cyberspace and for service users to report films that violate the Law on Cinematography.
10. Provision of focal points and contact information to receive and process requests from state management agencies and feedback, complaints, and denunciations from service users.
11. Implementation of technical solutions and cooperation with competent state management agencies in removing and preventing violating films.
12. Responsibilities to prevent access to violating films at the request of competent state agencies and enterprises with telecommunications networks.
13. State agencies competent to receive notifications of public movie screenings.
14. Conditions for Vietnamese agencies and organizations to organize film festivals, specialized and thematic film festivals, film awards, film competitions, film programs, and film weeks in Vietnam.
15. Cinematographic development support fund.
This Decree comes into force as of January 1, 2023 and replaces Decree No. 54/2010/ND-CP dated May 21, 2010.
To abrogate Article 3 of Decree No. 142/2018/ND-CP dated October 9, 2018; the regulations at Point b Clause 1 Article 8 and the phrase “bản dịch tóm tắt nội dung phim” (film summary translation) in Point b Clause 2 Article 9 of Decree No. 32/2012/ND-CP dated April 12, 2012; Decree No. 22/2022/ND-CP dated March 25, 2022.
|Published||Vietlaw's Newsletter No. 595|